Sunday, June 14, 2009

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3...


Commencement, The beginning of the tail.

How coincidental! The first fuzzy animal that Kelly (my lovely beautiful lady) and I spotted in Montana was a Gopher! Too bad he wasn't as friendly as our mascot back home, Goldy Gopher.

The background on me (and Kelly) leading up to this spotting goes like this:

Kelly gave me her phone number while we were attending the University of Minnesota, and more specifically at Burrito Loco, one of the best burrito, quesadilla, and nacho places in the entire world. After that dating ensued. Then I graduated and used my Chemical Engineering degree for it's intended purpose, becoming and engineer. I got bored! Very Very Bored! I wanted to switch it up, I decided to follow my dream of being a brewer.

(stay tuned for this part of the story!)

Fast forward a few months, and here I am! Living in a mountainside condo with my girl, making beer, and having the time of my life!!!

We are still keeping our eyes peeled for meese (plural of moose) and bears. Hopefully I can post some pictures of them soon!

In the future, I will actually be focusing this blog on my journey in the brewing world. I will tell of my successes and mistakes, my learnings and teachings, my insights and overlooks, etc. It will be a work in progess!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Spence on starting your blog. It is great! The good news: I love that you are doing this. Now the bad news: I'm not sure, and I hate to tell you, but I don't think that is a gopher. I believe it is a woodchuck. Gophers are smaller and mostly underground (at least the ones that tore up our garden in California when I was growing up.) But everything else is wonderful, and I can't wait for the moose pics! Love, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your mom is right. A marmot of some sort, but definitely not a gopher.

    My guess: Hoary Marmot

    http://nature.ca/notebooks/English/homarm.htm

    Dont pet it,eeeewwww.

    ReplyDelete